Monday 14 March 2011

Richard Sweeney Workshops

In the first workshop with Richard Sweeney he taught us how to bend and manipulate paper in many different ways.
This was my first attempt at bending and curving the paper. It seemed to work very well as the camera has captured the light in its curves.
 I found that using an edge of a ruler to indent on the paper made it easier to fold and bend.
Most of the paper structures that I made in this workshop reminded me of waves because of the curves and shapes that I formed.
The first workshop went very well for me. It seemed to come naturally to me, but I had a short attention span when it came to repeating the same thing over and over again.
In the next workshop we were shown how to cut into the paper itself. This allowed me to bend the paper in ways that I couldn't in the first workshop.
This workshop displayed to me more and more different ways that paper could be manipulated in order to get the shape and curvature that is needed. I did find that cutting into the paper made the paper a lot more flexible and loose so it became a bit harder to control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home